Scripture Union ACT Events
Every year, SU ACT volunteers run camps and events within ACT and NSW venues. Our camps
provide children and teenagers with a fun-filled, positive time away from
home. We aim to provide a quality holiday program, meeting the physical, social,
emotional and spiritual needs of each participant. Every camp sets aside a time for
faith discussions, where participants have a chance to explore the claims of the
Christian Faith and ponder the bigger questions about life.
Child Protection Statement of Commitment
SU ACT is committed to the safety and holistic wellbeing of all children and young people involved on
our events. To ensure that children and young people are kept safe from harm, our staff and
volunteers are required to possess a current WWVP card; agree to adhere to a code of conduct when
working with children, and undergo training in child safety. SU ACT takes child protection and safety
seriously and consequently has policies and procedures in place to ensure that your child has the
best possible experience with us.
On rare occasions, a camp may need to be cancelled for reasons beyond our control (eg: low camper
enrollment, matters of safety and care, etc.). In these situations, we will organise a refund.
• A Camper Letter will be mailed prior to camp, including more details about the program,
what to bring and site contact details. The Event Director may also include a form for you
to complete regarding travel arrangements and Medication to be taken while on camp (if
• Some financial help may be given in cases of genuine need – enquiries can be made through
the Event Director.
• Bookings cannot be made over the telephone, though enquiries are most welcome.
• SU ACT reserves the right to reject applications
Cancellation / Refund Policy
On rare occasions, a camp may need to be cancelled for reasons beyond our control (eg: low camper enrollment, matters of safety and care, etc.). In these situations, we will arrange a full refund
- Your deposit/payment is refundable until 14 days prior to camp/event. After this time SU ACT will retain 50%of fees to cover costs incurred
- Cancellations on or after the start of camp/event will not be eligible for a refund.
- Our cancellation policy has been created due to the increased demand for available camper space and to ensure fairness to all who wish to attend SU ACT Camps
Absences & Withdrawals
The SUACT camp directors reserve the right to dismiss any camper whose influence and conduct becomes detrimental to the best interests of the program. Refunds for dismissed campers or withdrawals will be at the discretion of SU ACT and may be denied or partial due to expenditure for food, equipment etc.
Full payment for camps/events are due no later than 1 week prior to event to allow for purchase of food and supplies.
Advance payments may be made fortnightly/monthly prior to final due date. Contact our office for more information.
Your Agreement with Scripture Union ACT
I am aware in agreeing to this document for my child’s participation in this program that certain
elements of the program could be physically and emotionally demanding. Furthermore, I understand
that certain inherent risks and dangers may exist in the activities in which my child will be
participating. I acknowledge that while Scripture Union and its leaders will make every reasonable
effort to minimise exposure to known risks, all hazards and dangers associated with these activities
cannot be foreseen or may be beyond the control of Scripture Union, its leaders and staff. In the
event of any emergency where my nominated contact people are unavailable:
• I authorise the leaders to obtain medical advice and/or assistance which they deem
• I further authorise qualified practitioners to administer anaesthetic if required.
• I accept all operation, blood transfusion and/or anaesthetic risks involved in the event that
such procedures are deemed necessary.
• I accept the responsibility for payment and agree to pay medical, transport and any other
• I confirm that the information contained in this application is true and correct.
• I agree to inform the leader of any change to these details.
For camps at Wee Jasper: If my child has an anaphylactic reaction to any allergen, I am aware that there is an increased risk for my child compared to urban locations as it is likely to take several hours for an ambulance to arrive from the time any incident occurs. I am willing to accept responsibility for this increased risk and I will send my child with an anaphylaxis action plan and the appropriate medications to allow for this.
I understand that the camp leaders will take all responsible care of my child whilst at camp and that
SU ACT or its representatives will not be liable for any injury or accident, or for damage or loss of
property. I give my consent for and agree to pay for any necessary medical treatment. I understand
that in cases of unacceptable behaviour, campers will be sent home from camp.