Upcoming Children and Youth Ministry Training Days 2021
Saturday 28th August
Please find the pricing, venue, and example timetable with workshop themes outlined below:
Time: 8:30-3:30pm (9:45am arrival if not doing ChildSafe training)
Venue: ACU Veritas Building, Level 1, 223 Antill Street, Watson, ACT 2602
There is both regular and accessible parking onsite.
- Non SU Volunteers: Either ChildSafe or Workshops $25, Full Day $40
- SU Volunteers (current and new): ChildSafe training and workshops free
- Optional catered lunch: $11
Workshop Themes: (these will be finalised and updated in the coming months)
- Mental Health- Helping young people with anxiety
8:30 – 10:00 ChildSafe training
9:45 Registrations and coffee
10:15 Main Session
10:30 Workshop 1
11:30 Workshop 2
1:00 Team Meetings
Registrations will open closer to the date.
For more information or to request a specific workshop topic, please contact Cate at firstname.lastname@example.org
To read our COVID safety plan for our March training day, please see the document below. We will replace this with an up to date plan closer to August to ensure all COVID safety requirements are appropriately met.
As part of our commitment to inclusivity we strive to be as accessible as possible. This training day has the following accessibility features:
- Accessible parking- found within the main car park, there are 5 accessible spaces
- Accessible bathrooms- there is an accessible bathroom on both floors of the Veritas building
- Some of the seating will have both arm and back rests- please let us know if you need one of these seats and we will save it for you.
- Wheelchair access- the Vertias building is wheelchair friendly.
- Lift access between the ground and first floor- the lift is located on the left hand side in the hallway next to the cafe.
If have an access requirement that is not listed above, please reach out to us! We would love to make this event accessible to you.